Sea Maiden Salad: Raw Vegan 'Seafoody' Sea Vegetable Salad

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I've started Kriss Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet, and am on day 4 of the 21 Day Cleanse, which is a low glycemic, no refined carbs, no sugars, no meat, no coffee or black tea, no junk, all vegan, high raw, low inflammation diet. It sounds hard-core, but I've been eating vegan at least twice a week and can't eat dairy and seafood anyway, and most importantly of all- I keep hearing people rave about how their assorted ailments improved on this diet. It's worth a shot!

So far, I'm loving it!
This Salad is so good! I had to write it down now before I forget what when into it. It started of as leftover lemon-kale salad which I added wakame to and then thought I'd make taste a bit more 'seafoody' with chlorella powder.

Ingredients:
  • Half a cup chopped kale, stems and hard spines removed.
  • Raisins, rinsed and soaked in hot water for 10-15 minutes, then drained
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • Salt, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon Arame, soaked in a little warm water (this will expand)
  • 2 tablespoons broken off bits of Wakame (mine were in long strands) soaked in warm water for 10-15 minutes
  • Half an avocado, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon chorella powder
  • 1 tablespoons sprouted sunflower seeds (optional, but I love the slightly nutty creamy taste these add)
  • olive oil or flax seed oil, to dress
Toss the Kale with the lemon juice and salt and leave to wilt a little while the seaweeds are soaking, then add the raisins, seaweeds, sprouted sunflower seeds (if using) avocado and chlorella. Toss to coat the leaves with the chorella powder - this is where a lot of the seafood taste comes from, along with the sea weeds. Taste, and add a little more salt and oil if you like. The avocado gives the salad creaminess and texture and the raisins add sweetness to offset the kales bitterness. If you don't have or don't like raisins you can add some sugar but I'm avoiding sugar for my 21 Day Cleanse so raisins it is for me. 

0 comments:

Quod Te Nutrit.. Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino